this is why restrictors are hurting IPRA!

A place to chat about the state of the IPRA nation, ask (non-technical) questions about IPRA, etc.
Public Read and Write

Moderator: Moderators

Re: this is why restrictors are hurting IPRA!

Post Number:#261  Postby gmontrack » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:10 pm

Tony, you must have a draw full of safety pins.... that is the safety pins you pull out of the hand grenades just before you throw them ... you seem to like doing that on here lolol.....

Okay I have to ask,,, what do you mean by this "All of this because of a fantasy document that outlines what nsw wants got leaked"???

Now please Tony I'm really only interested in the FACTS, not here say, FACTS. If you are going to make a public statement like that you need to back it up.

The floor is yours...
gmontrack
old timer

Post Number:#262  Postby gmontrack » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:12 pm

Okay Tony I know that this is really not the place to, as they say, air your dirty laundry so I'll try to keep it as clean as possible and factual

The initial author of the discussion paper,commissioned by the AMRC, was Vince Ciccarello who sits on the AMRC. Vince was given the portfolio of IP and as such was then tasked to write that discussion paper. That draft document was then distributed to the AMRC members which includes Graeme Emerton who is a CAMS board member who in turn has a portfolio of sitting in on the AMRC. At no point did the IPRA either nationally or state level have any input into that document and its content... FACT... I converse with Vince on a regular basis and he is totally perplex as to why you and a few others think other wise.

We even had the chairman of the AMRC join us via a video call at our state delegates meeting to explain first hand the document and outlined what we were being asked to do as a category in light of its content....FACT....

I also advised delegates that the AMRC document could be made public so I have never tried to hide that or anything else from being viewed..FACT...

There are currently about 5 or 6 items that the IP National board and each state have been working on as a result of the AMRC paper and in 99% of time there has been clear SUPPORT for all. Yes not all have agreed on some of the detail, which I might add are still work in progress and to be finalized, but in principal there has been an overwhelming positive response .... FACT....

CAMS or should I say the AMRC have given us some broad outlines to work withn and it is up to us, as a group to try and move forward on implementing some changes to the 3j regs and all states at the delegates meeting agreed on that direction of progress... including SA. .. FACT...

So Tony despite what you may think you know its not correct, and before you go off again, I can back up everything of the above.

PS. I would love to travel around to each state and explain everything first hand, but a: that is a cost that could not be justified IMO & b: I spend probably 20+ hrs a week lately working on IP stuff and I think that's more than enough, as I have to make a living like everyone else..

GM
gmontrack
old timer

Post Number:#263  Postby gmontrack » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:50 pm

Tony... I think you have the bull by the horns... please call to discuss

GM
gmontrack
old timer

Post Number:#264  Postby all_torque » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:50 pm

RoyBoy302 wrote:I'll give you all an answer to the original question of this thread .........

this is why restrictors are hurting IPRA!

THE LAST 14 F&%#KING PAGES !

Look at the sh!t that gets thrown around NSW this , SA that ! Everyone should be working towards more cars , boost limits maybe for LMT ( with a clause to revisit limits where necessary ) .

My 2c worth !

Sounds like a plan
Lets try it, if it fails move on to the next option
Lets atleast do something

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tyler Dubos RX7 #88
RIP Burt
all_torque
old timer

Post Number:#265  Postby all_torque » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:07 pm

We are never going to get everyone to like the same idea its just human nature but so far we havnt physically put any change into practice, can we not atleast try 1 method, watch it fail/succeed and then go forward from there

Tyler Dubos RX7 #88
RIP Burt
all_torque
old timer

Post Number:#266  Postby willing4 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi Tony,
Disappointing to read that there is consternation regarding direction in SA.
It is definitely a time where your club should be consulting with its members, (in fact they should have already done this to some degree) but can you pls fill in some blanks for me.

I have never heard anyone suggest moving EM cars on - exactly whom did this come from and when?

I am also not sure exactly what you are referring to with this plan. I obviously cant speak for what is happening in SA, but to date in Vic we have been discussing with our members the potential directions for the class and asking for their input for formulate some direction. Who has authored this plan? Where is it? Pls PM me a copy including the relevant source details.

I am kind of struggling to understand the point you are making. In one post it seems you are talking about EM cars potentially being less competitive and people wanting to leave and in the next you are referring to an LM car that isnt competitive against brownys car because it is 5 seconds a lap slower at mallala so he wont run..... Can you pls clarify for me what are you trying to suggest??

Cheers

Scott
willing4
one foot in the grave

Post Number:#267  Postby all_torque » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:40 pm

I truly understand and to some point agree, would be hugely frustrating
And dont get me wrong im not saying that the boost monitor is the answer because i have no idea what is but we will never find the answer until something....anything is trialled, tested, passed or failed
So to the powers that be lets try seriously anthing right now and record the results. Obviously with any change to peoples cars comes with cost so lets just try the "cheapest option" (whatever that may be) and go from there
I can say it right now that the whole "restrictor issue" effects me none, except for the bad taste that the issue itself, these topics on the forum, posts on FB and general chit chat around the pits leaves with me from what it is doing to our members

Tyler Dubos RX7 #88
RIP Burt
all_torque
old timer

Post Number:#268  Postby rx3rotorhead » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:00 pm

All I can say that at the SA (Tony wasn't present) meeting on Monday the club as a whole agreed to the holistic approach to change that browny has proposed. We are prepared to move forward acknowledging the changes we approved in our own formulated document will not aid front running cars but allow for more diversity in the field as well as helping those in late model and heavier turbo cars a chance to improve their lap times. Without forgetting existing competitors.
I sincerely hope that this proposal is taken seriously by all members and is the push the association needs to move into the future without penalising those who have already poured their heart and soul (and cash) into their cars. The author has spent a lot of time canvassing opinion country wide so it should be taken very seriously.
The only hinderence to this process will be self interest and fear of moving down the order but I'm sure if people were honest with themselves they would agree that you would rather finish 8th with 3 ahead within a couple of seconds and a couple on your ass over the line than finishing 3rd 8 seconds behind 2nd and 5 ahead of 4th... unless of course your just a trophy hunter .....
I'm assuming the approved document will be submitted to the national delegates for further consideration and distribution to the states.
I've got my fingers crossed....

Cheers
Clinton
IPRASA
#2 13BT Mazda Rx3
rx3rotorhead
racer

Post Number:#269  Postby TwinTurbo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:42 am

rx3rotorhead wrote:All I can say that at the SA (Tony wasn't present) meeting on Monday the club as a whole agreed to the holistic approach to change that browny has proposed. We are prepared to move forward acknowledging the changes we approved in our own formulated document will not aid front running cars but allow for more diversity in the field as well as helping those in late model and heavier turbo cars a chance to improve their lap times. Without forgetting existing competitors.
I sincerely hope that this proposal is taken seriously by all members and is the push the association needs to move into the future without penalising those who have already poured their heart and soul (and cash) into their cars. The author has spent a lot of time canvassing opinion country wide so it should be taken very seriously.
The only hinderence to this process will be self interest and fear of moving down the order but I'm sure if people were honest with themselves they would agree that you would rather finish 8th with 3 ahead within a couple of seconds and a couple on your ass over the line than finishing 3rd 8 seconds behind 2nd and 5 ahead of 4th... unless of course your just a trophy hunter .....
I'm assuming the approved document will be submitted to the national delegates for further consideration and distribution to the states.
I've got my fingers crossed....

Cheers
Clinton

I can certainly vouch for Chris's passion in canvasing for input, I've spent quite a bit of time on the phone with him helping wherever I can. I have also spoken to guys providing help in preparing proposals from a couple of other States and I've found a general consensus that something has to be done. Which in my experience has not exactly been the case previously. As a result I personally have high expectations of an outcome this time around. There will need to be quite a bit of give and take, some compromises made and as a result I suspect that not everyone will get everything they want. The result should be a broad based response to the CAMS white paper, which is a great first step. =D> =D> =D>

Cheers
Gary
TwinTurbo
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

Post Number:#270  Postby TwinTurbo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:14 am

I was at the Nulon Nationals at Eastern Creek yesterday and right there in front of me was a graphic demonstration as to why "restrictors are hurting IPRA", it's in the numbers. Out of 103 entries there were ~81 forced induction cars. They range from 25+ years old Silvias to current model Mercedes A45, Golf GTi, BMW 135i as well as bunch of Evo's, Skylines and WRX's. Sure it's a representation of the Car Clubs around and the top dozen or so cars are sports sedans, with huge aero and carbon fibre everywhere, just running on radials (mostly A050's as it happens). The fact is there are a large number already with roll cages, basic interiors, standard panels, driving suites, helmets etc, that would fit into right into IP and not challenge the current front runners. They'd just blend right in and add substantially to our numbers.

As long as we have restrictors we are just not going to see them and that's IP's loss. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Cheers
Gary
TwinTurbo

Post Number:#271  Postby matt808 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Is this door to door racing or supersprint type event?
matt808
racer

Post Number:#272  Postby TwinTurbo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:12 pm

matt808 wrote:Is this door to door racing or supersprint type event?

Time Attack with around 18 to 22 cars on the track at the same time, so quite a bit of overtaking but not a lot of door to door racing. Around the same number of cars on the track at the same time as there is in IP races. Racing would be a step up for some of the guys but a lot race in categories other than IP so no big deal for them, just the "R" word keeps them out.

Cheers
Gary
TwinTurbo

Post Number:#273  Postby TwinTurbo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:22 pm

A round of the NSW Supersprint championship was on today at Eastern Creek, similar story 100 entries. A more mixed grid, as is usual with the Supersprint Championship, more Sports Cars, a few open wheelers but still around 30 IP suitable turbo cars. Much the same mixture of Golf GTi's, Silvias, Evo's WRX's and Skylines. I recognised a few ex IP racers as well.

Cheers
Gary
TwinTurbo

Post Number:#274  Postby cortina mk1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:58 pm

TwinTurbo wrote:A round of the NSW Supersprint championship was on today at Eastern Creek, similar story 100 entries. A more mixed grid, as is usual with the Supersprint Championship, more Sports Cars, a few open wheelers but still around 30 IP suitable turbo cars. Much the same mixture of Golf GTi's, Silvias, Evo's WRX's and Skylines. I recognised a few ex IP racers as well.

Cheers
Gary

How many of these cars could run in Production Cars :?:
cortina mk1
one foot in the grave

Post Number:#275  Postby TwinTurbo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:33 pm

cortina mk1 wrote:
TwinTurbo wrote:A round of the NSW Supersprint championship was on today at Eastern Creek, similar story 100 entries. A more mixed grid, as is usual with the Supersprint Championship, more Sports Cars, a few open wheelers but still around 30 IP suitable turbo cars. Much the same mixture of Golf GTi's, Silvias, Evo's WRX's and Skylines. I recognised a few ex IP racers as well.

How many of these cars could run in Production Cars :?:

As they are right now, none would be my observation.

Cheers
Gary
TwinTurbo

Post Number:#276  Postby excom cup » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:41 pm

mine too Gary, but I am unsure about the Amarok driven by one of our own.....
Cheers Dave
'pushing the continued growth of the best motorsport category in Australia'
0439 409 036
excom cup
old timer

Post Number:#277  Postby TwinTurbo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:19 pm

excom cup wrote:mine too Gary, but I am unsure about the Amarok driven by one of our own.....

The Amarok would be IP eligible expect for the wheels, too big on that one :wink:
Did a 2.08, so not bad for a truck =D>

Cheers
Gary
TwinTurbo

Post Number:#278  Postby mtpanorama » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:13 pm

TwinTurbo wrote:
excom cup wrote:mine too Gary, but I am unsure about the Amarok driven by one of our own.....

The Amarok would be IP eligible expect for the wheels, too big on that one :wink:
Did a 2.08, so not bad for a truck =D>

Cheers
Gary

It will be getting a lot faster :wink: :wink:
Shane Fowler Rx7 53
-------------------------------------------------
For all your signage needs, Shane's Signs 0422 418 725
mtpanorama
I spend too much time in front of a keyboard

Previous

Return to General Chat