2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

A place to post & discuss upcoming events. IPRA or other events welcomed.
Public Read

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#281  Postby Steve thomas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:23 pm

Good luck mate. Hope its the best yet and all finish safe.
Back to the Past for the Future.
User avatar
Steve thomas
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?
 
Posts: 4621
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#282  Postby Dato1600 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:37 pm

I've got a paddock view room at The Ridges at The Bend

Paddock view room

$390 for Friday and Saturday night

Send me a PM
Dato1600
rookie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:14 pm
Location:

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#283  Postby MACMECH » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:43 am

Thanks IPRASA committee for a great meeting.
Special thanks to Simon, can't believe how much that guy was doing. Amazing!!

60 year old wins Under 2L in a rotary and doesn't break a sweat. Lap times were amazing....

AWESOME JOB WALDO!



Cheers.
MACMECH
old timer
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed May 28, 2003 11:39 am
Location:

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#284  Postby zossy1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi all!

So... will there be any event-wide wrap up on the weekend?

For those of us poor saps who have nothing but result pages and timing sheets to go off, it’s frustrating not knowing what happened...
zossy1
racer
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:04 pm
Location: Moss Vale NSW

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#285  Postby moylee19 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Yes. Rev heads review was there and has plenty to do. Will hit the social pages soon. Then linked from the normal spots.

Most are still coming down/getting over the week end. It’s been a pretty crazy one.
SA#91 Suzuki Swift GTi
User avatar
moylee19
one foot in the grave
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:59 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#286  Postby mikrace » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Well done to all of IPRA SA for all the hard work making this event happen. Great work!

Awesome job by Waldon. Was a shame for both he and Cox that the final race between them couldn't happen as it would have been a cracker.

The fast 4 overs put on a great show for the whole race. Classy effort by the front 3 swapping the lead throughout the race.

Lots of entertaining battles and excellent performances from many people in both finals. Was a great day of racing to watch.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Michael Hazelton
0404 051 926

TwinTurbo wrote:posting on here about it will achieve exactly nothing.
User avatar
mikrace
forum freak
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:09 pm
Location: Queanbeyan

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#287  Postby TwinTurbo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:33 pm

My 20 cents worth of observations;
Awesome facility, IMHO the best in Australia, the garages, pit area, on site hotel, access roads, showers, etc are all top class. Yes, the entry fees aren't cheap, but it's easy to see why.

Many competitors said to me that they thought it was the best track in the country, Bathurst aside. At ~4.9k's very challenging with lots of tricky corner sequences, that can mean sacrificng the first corner for the second, or even the first and second corners for the third. Very smooth track surface with blind corners, crests, uphill and downhill braking areas. It's also a fast track that challenges both driver and car set up. With a long straight to stretch the car's legs. 8)

I didn't see a Safety Car intevention, not one, from Friday morning to Sunday night. Which is a credit to the competitors, if they had a problem they got out of the way.

There were a few, very few, minor touches, none of which were what I would consider any more than normal respecfull racing.

Great event well run by IPRASA, ran pretty much to time for 3 days, quite an accomplishment. =D> =D> =D>

If you get the opportunity to run there, don't hesitate, it's well worth the effort.

I'll try and get down some racing notes tomorrow.
Cheers
Gary
User avatar
TwinTurbo
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?
 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Sydney

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#288  Postby Born Again Racer » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:43 pm

TwinTurbo wrote:My 20 cents worth of observations;
Awesome facility, IMHO the best in Australia, the garages, pit area, on site hotel, access roads, showers, etc are all top class. Yes, the entry fees aren't cheap, but it's easy to see why.

Many competitors said to me that they thought it was the best track in the country, Bathurst aside. At ~4.9k's very challenging with lots of tricky corner sequences, that can mean sacrificng the first corner for the second, or even the first and second corners for the third. Very smooth track surface with blind corners, crests, uphill and downhill braking areas. It's also a fast track that challenges both driver and car set up. With a long straight to stretch the car's legs. 8)

I didn't see a Safety Car intevention, not one, from Friday morning to Sunday night. Which is a credit to the competitors, if they had a problem they got out of the way.

There were a few, very few, minor touches, none of which were what I would consider any more than normal respecfull racing.

Great event well run by IPRASA, ran pretty much to time for 3 days, quite an accomplishment. =D> =D> =D>

If you get the opportunity to run there, don't hesitate, it's well worth the effort.

I'll try and get down some racing notes tomorrow.
Cheers
Gary



Gee, I hate this. I can’t disagreee with anything you said.
Pity some others weren’t there to also give their opinion on The Nationals. IP Australia’s most important event.
Born Again Racer
one foot in the grave
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:01 pm
Location: Wimmera Vic

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#289  Postby moylee19 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Well, now that things have settled ..................

Firstly, thank you to all competitors and crews that both travelled from interstate and "locally" to make the event what it was!!

To all the sponsors, Aldinga Towing, Adelaide Vehicle Centre, Yokohama, Harland Engineering, Tyrepower Kensington Park, YBi Creative, MGS Auctions a massive thanks for the support.

A special thanks to Aldinga Towing for their recovery duties over the week end, this was their first race meeting, and the job the did was fantastic, very little down time due to stranded cars.

Matt and his team from Tyrepower Kensington Park, for the work on fitting/refitting tyres all week end, for the Podium, arranging the BBQ on Saturday night, and your continued support of IPRASA of the last few years.

Brett & Sandy Watters for their efforts leading up to and during the event, while Brett had an engine drama to deal with a week out, Sandy stepped out of her car to let Brett compete, and then took the roll of points score for the week end after a miscommunication left us in the dark. Sandy has since created a document that all states will have access to in the future to help them with points scoring.

A massive thanks to our officials, in particular, Rob Thiry (Clerk of Coarse) and Janelle Orrock (Secretary) who helped from the outset and stepped us through the mine field of event organising when we decided to take the roll as promoter on ourselves. Keith and Clair Williamson, who ran around all week end as our competitor liaisons, fixing issues and filling voids that were left.

Mark Alford & Chris Brown on the job of Eligibility over the weekend, every car was checked at some point, every restrictor was checked, every car weighed, a mammoth effort.

To all class winners, a big congrats, a mega effort of racing over the week end. To not have a race red flagged or a safety car was a massive positive, everyone got the maximum amount of laps which is what we set out for, value for money.

Finally, we can now pass the baton to Tasmania, and we wish them all the best for next years nationals, hopefully it is as successful as this year.

Thanks
Simon

Class A 0-1600
1st: Matthew Leoncini
2nd: Tim Riley
3rd: Alan Saint

Class B 1601-2000
1st: David Waldon
2nd: Harrison Cooper
3rd: Peter Cusato

Class C: 2001-3000
1st: Rob Braune
2nd: Graeme Wilkinson
3rd: Toony Isarasena

Class D: 3001-6000
1st: Ray Hislop
2nd: Matt Cherry
3rd: Scott Cook

Over 2L Outright
1st: Ray Hislop
2nd: Matt Cherry
3rd: Scott Cook

Under 2L Outright
1st: David Waldon
2nd: Harrison Cooper
3rd: Peter Cusato
User avatar
moylee19
one foot in the grave
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:59 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#290  Postby TwinTurbo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Some racing notes, based on what I saw and what I remember (ie; could be wrong) plus a little help from Natsoft;
U2L
With enough cars to run in every heat there was no mixing of grids in U2L. It was good to the see the variety of makes and models in the 27 car field that lined up for Qualifying, including Dattos', Mazdas, Hondas, Fords, Toyotas, Nissan, Suzuki, Peugeot and Renault

Qualifying saw Jordan Cox in the turbo Datto 1200 well under the lap record with a 2.06.3846, Dave Walden in the skinny rotor RX3 next on 2.08.1166, then Wade Reynolds in the AE86 with a 2.10.4866 and Peter Cusato in his Mk2 Escort on a 2.12.1792 and Simon O'DF in the skinny rotor RX7. In both Qualifying sessions Harry Cooper didn't set a time, I'm not sure why but in Heat 1 he had gearbox issues in the DC2 and DNF'd. That necessitated a change between Heats to what sounded like a non close ratio gearbox for Heat 2, which had an affect from there on. I noticed Mark Yager and Matt pitch in to give the Coopers a hand swapping gearboxes. Graeme Wilkinson from QLD's Escort MK1 was running like clock so they must have been getting bored doing nothing :wink: With progressive grids based on points that meant a steady progression up from last on the grid in Heats 2,3 and 4. Jordan and Dave were in class of their own, capable of running several seconds faster than the rest. After setting new lap records in each heat (Heat 3 a new U2L lap record of 2.05.975) unfortunately the smoke escaped from the Datto on lap 2, leaving Dave to win the last Heat by 15 seconds from Harry who worked his way though the field up to 2nd with Peter in 3rd and Simon in 4th.

With such a substantial lap time advantage over the rest of the field and solid mechanical reliability (good work Simon) Dave ("not bad for 60 year old") was untroubled to win the Final with Harry in 2nd after a multi lap tussle with Peter in 3rd and Wade in 4th. There were many entertaining battles down the field, with bunches of cars dicing for position. With 2 qualifying session, 4 heats plus a final and not one safety car, full credit to the competitors with respect shown for each other that I saw many times over. =D> =D> =D>

O2L to follow
Cheers
Gary
Last edited by TwinTurbo on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
TwinTurbo
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?
 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Sydney

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#291  Postby zossy1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Thanks Gary! Good to get some commentary -looking forward to O2L and to the rev heads review also


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zossy1
racer
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:04 pm
Location: Moss Vale NSW

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#292  Postby TwinTurbo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:11 pm

Some more racing notes, based on what I saw and what I remember (ie; could be wrong) plus a little help from Natsoft;
O2L
Much more complicated in O2L with 70 cars split up into 4 groups, A, B, C and D.

Qualifying combined
Adam Poole in the white Monaro was fastest with a 2.04.8804 which was just outside his own qualifying lap record of a 2.03.9394. Ray Hislop in the Falcon was close behind with a 2.05.3077, then Scott Cook in the Silvia on 2:05.9096, Matt Cherry in the red Monaro on 2:06.2539 and Max de Meyric in the ex Justin Keys green Mazda 808 with a 2:06.3640. Overall 2.7 secs covered the top 10 with a good spread of 5 x SA, 2 x WA, 2 x Vic and 1 x Tas. A promise of things to come.

Heat 1 C&B 6 laps
Ray Hislop won this heat from John Callegari in the white and red VN close behind with Michael Naguib in 1600 in 3rd. I notice the first VF I had seen in IP, Mark Defanis from Vic who unfortunately DNF'd.

Heat 2 A&D 6 laps
Adam Poole won this heat by around 6 seconds from Matt Cherry and Steve Jukes from QLD in the M3. Dave Worrel from NSW in the Commodore only managed 4 laps until the gearbox stuck in 5th necessitating an overnight search and swap. Brooke Newson from WA had a major engine issue in the pink WRX which also necessitated an overnight search and swap. With a number of the WA guys working under car headlights until midnight to get it ready to fire up Sunday morning.

Heat 3 A&C
Adam Poole won this heat and reset his own race lap record to 2:04.9655 with Michael Naguib in 2nd, Steve Jukes in 3rd and Robert Braune from VIC in the immacuialte white BMW E30 in 4th. The notable for me in this race was the close finish between 5th, 6th and 7th, Scott Cook from SA in the S13, Justin Wade from QLD in the BMW M3 E90 with the sweet sounding V8 and Grant Maitland from SA separated by less than a couple of car lengths at the end of 6 laps.

Heat 4 D&B
Ray Hislop dominated this heat and reset the lap record to 2:04.9008, from Matt Cherry in 2nd, Aaron Lawrence from Qld in the S13 Silvia 3rd and Gerard McLeod from VIC in the immaculate and very well prepared VE (which I understand is for sale), then in 5th was John Woodberry from SA in the red Magna (yes, yes it's a Magna not a typo, for those that aren't familiar with IP racing). I noticed Bruce Henley in the RX8 had a DNF, not sure if it was a repeat of an earlier issue, not saying what that was, I'll leave that up to him :wink:

That brought an exciting Saturday of racing to a close, Sunday to follow;
Cheers
Gary
User avatar
TwinTurbo
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?
 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Sydney

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#293  Postby full_noise » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:59 pm

Heat 3 Sunday morning

Can’t seem to figure out how to join mp4s

Let me know if anyone has any idea

https://youtu.be/C3G56vRXeeI

Cheers






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
full_noise
old timer
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 6:44 pm
Location:

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#294  Postby Steve thomas » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:03 pm

TwinTurbo wrote:Some more racing notes, based on what I saw and what I remember (ie; could be wrong) plus a little help from Natsoft;
O2L
Much more complicated in O2L with 70 cars split up into 4 groups, A, B, C and D.

Qualifying combined
Adam Poole in the white Monaro was fastest with a 2.04.8804 which was just outside his own qualifying lap record of a 2.03.9394. Ray Hislop in the Falcon was close behind with a 2.05.3077, then Scott Cook in the Silvia on 2:05.9096, Matt Cherry in the red Monaro on 2:06.2539 and Max de Meyric in the ex Justin Keys green Mazda 808 with a 2:06.3640. Overall 2.7 secs covered the top 10 with a good spread of 5 x SA, 2 x WA, 2 x Vic and 1 x Tas. A promise of things to come.

Heat 1 C&B 6 laps
Ray Hislop won this heat from John Callegari in the white and red VN close behind with Michael Naguib in 1600 in 3rd. I notice the first VF I had seen in IP, Mark Defanis from Vic who unfortunately DNF'd.

Heat 2 A&D 6 laps
Adam Poole won this heat by around 6 seconds from Matt Cherry and Steve Jukes from QLD in the M3. Dave Worrel from NSW in the Commodore only managed 4 laps until the gearbox stuck in 5th necessitating an overnight search and swap. Brooke Newson from WA had a major engine issue in the pink WRX which also necessitated an overnight search and swap. With a number of the WA guys working under car headlights until midnight to get it ready to fire up Sunday morning.

Heat 3 A&C
Adam Poole won this heat and reset his own race lap record to 2:04.9655 with Michael Naguib in 2nd, Steve Jukes in 3rd and Robert Braune from VIC in the immacuialte white BMW E30 in 4th. The notable for me in this race was the close finish between 5th, 6th and 7th, Scott Cook from SA in the S13, Justin Wade from QLD in the BMW M3 E90 with the sweet sounding V8 and Grant Maitland from SA separated by less than a couple of car lengths at the end of 6 laps.

Heat 4 D&B
Ray Hislop dominated this heat and reset the lap record to 2:04.9008, from Matt Cherry in 2nd, Aaron Lawrence from Qld in the S13 Silvia 3rd and Gerard McLeod from VIC in the immaculate and very well prepared VE (which I understand is for sale), then in 5th was John Woodberry from SA in the red Magna (yes, yes it's a Magna not a typo, for those that aren't familiar with IP racing). I noticed Bruce Henley in the RX8 had a DNF, not sure if it was a repeat of an earlier issue, not saying what that was, I'll leave that up to him :wink:

That brought an exciting Saturday of racing to a close, Sunday to follow;
Cheers
Gary

Did you forget the WA VF at Bathurst last year?
Back to the Past for the Future.
User avatar
Steve thomas
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?
 
Posts: 4621
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#295  Postby Electro » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:01 pm

TwinTurbo wrote:Some racing notes, based on what I saw and what I remember (ie; could be wrong) plus a little help from Natsoft;
U2L
With enough cars to run in every heat there was no mixing of grids in U2L. It was good to the see the variety of makes and models in the 27 car field that lined up for Qualifying, including Dattos', Mazdas, Hondas, Fords, Toyotas, Nissan, Suzuki, Peugeot and Renault

Qualifying saw Jordan Cox in the turbo Datto 1200 well under the lap record with a 2.06.3846, Dave Walden in the skinny rotor RX3 next on 2.08.1166, then Wade Reynolds in the AE86 with a 2.10.4866 and Peter Cusato in his Mk2 Escort on a 2.12.1792 and Simon O'DF in the skinny rotor RX7. In both Qualifying sessions Harry Cooper didn't set a time, I'm not sure why but in Heat 1 he had gearbox issues in the DC2 and DNF'd. That necessitated a change between Heats to what sounded like a non close ratio gearbox for Heat 2, which had an affect from there on. I noticed Mark Yager and Matt pitch in to give the Coopers a hand swapping gearboxes. Graeme Wilkinson from QLD's Escort MK1 was running like clock so they must have been getting bored doing nothing :wink: With progressive grids based on points that meant a steady progression up from last on the grid in Heats 2,3 and 4. Jordan and Dave were in class of their own, capable of running several seconds faster than the rest. After setting new lap records in each heat (Heat 3 a new U2L lap record of 2.05.975) unfortunately the smoke escaped from the Datto on lap 2, leaving Dave to win the last Heat by 15 seconds from Harry who worked his way though the field up to 2nd with Peter in 3rd and Simon in 4th.

With such a substantial lap time advantage over the rest of the field and solid mechanical reliability (good work Simon) Dave ("not bad for 60 year old") was untroubled to win the Final with Harry in 2nd after a multi lap tussle with Peter in 3rd and Wade in 4th. There were many entertaining battles down the field, with bunches of cars dicing for position. With 2 qualifying session, 4 heats plus a final and not one safety car, full credit to the competitors with respect shown for each other that I saw many times over. =D> =D> =D>

O2L to follow
Cheers
Gary


Interesting observation - Jordan's race time in the first heat was quick enough to win 3 of the O2LT heats. (And yes, I know racing is different)
Electro
old timer
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:12 am
Location:

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#296  Postby Electro » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:21 pm

MACMECH wrote:Thanks IPRASA committee for a great meeting.
Special thanks to Simon, can't believe how much that guy was doing. Amazing!!

60 year old wins Under 2L in a rotary and doesn't break a sweat. Lap times were amazing....

AWESOME JOB WALDO!



Cheers.


I would like to publicly thank Simon O'Dell Fontana (Lefty) for his tireless effort prepping and maintaining his 5 car stable at the Nationals.
The only car out of the 5 that didn't finish was his own.

Great job in building and tuning our skinny 12A's. My engine was only inspected after Perth, with no need for rebuild. Testament to the build.

I did not put 1 drop of oil or water in it all weekend.

I was so pissed that Jordan put a leg out of bed.

We need to do the Nationals twice a year.
Electro
old timer
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:12 am
Location:

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#297  Postby moylee19 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:40 pm

User avatar
moylee19
one foot in the grave
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:59 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#298  Postby Electro » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Jordan did the 3rd quickest race lap out of all IP, and I was the 5th.

Go U2L.
Electro
old timer
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:12 am
Location:

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#299  Postby TwinTurbo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:09 am

Steve thomas wrote:Did you forget the WA VF at Bathurst last year?

Possibly :wink:

Cheers
Gary
User avatar
TwinTurbo
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?
 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Sydney

Re: 2018 Aldinga Towing IPRA Nationals @ The Bend

Post Number:#300  Postby TwinTurbo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:42 am

The last of the racing notes, based on what I saw and what I remember (ie; could be wrong) plus a little help from Natsoft;
O2L
Heat 5 C&D 6 laps
Matt Cherry in the Monaro won this heat by the very small margin of 6/10ths of a second from Scott Cook in the Silvia and after a race long battle Gerard McLeod in the VE, Michael Naquib in the 1600 and Robert Braune in the E30 separated by a few car lengths. Troy Marinelli, 200SX, made it a 4 way battle for a couple of laps but dropped back to finish 8th. Leigh Forest in the Celica only managed 3 laps with a problem that was plaguing him (I can't remember what it was :? )

Heat 6 A&B 6 laps
Ray Hislop in the BF lead for the first 3 laps setting another lap record of 2.04.413 on lap 2, only to suffer a flat tyre on lap 5 and have to stop on the other side of the circuit. Adam Poole in the Monaro went on to win this heat comfortably from John Callegari in the VN who was also comfortably ahead of Aaron Lawrence in 3rd in the Silvia with Steve Jukes close behind in 4th after the 2 swapped places a couple of times on the last 2 laps.

O2L Repechage
With the top 6 progressing it was chance for those that had had some bad luck in the heats to make the Final. The top 6 were Graeme McPherson in the Commodore, John Perkins in the RX7, Malcolm Henley also in an RX7, Rob Neal in the E30, Geoff Kingston in yet another RX7 and Andrew Johnson in the VL.

O2L Final
With the Final being 12 laps after the Heats at 6 laps this was going to be the first real test of who had set their cars up over the weekend for the longer run. Adam Poole lead off the line for the first 3 laps with Matt Cherry and John Callegari in hot pursuit. Hislop was in 5th at the end of lap 1 after starting in ?? grid position due to the DNF and resulting loss of points in Heat 6. After working his way up to 3rd on lap 2, then 2nd on lap 3 he lost out in a close battle with Adam Poole, had a small off track excursion and dropped back to 6th. In the kerfuffle Matt Cherry took the lead and held it with some spirited driving for the next 5 laps. In progressing from 6th to 5th (lap 5), then 3rd Hislop set his fastest lap and the fastest lap of the race (just outside the lap record) on lap 6. Plainly he and Dave had done a good job on the longer race set up. Lap 7 and 8 saw him gradually close in on Matt, taking the Lead on lap 9. With Matt Cherry in 2nd, Adam Poole in 3rd and John Callegari in 4th. Scott Cook in the Silvia also had his car well set up for the longer run, after being 7th on lap 1 and dropping back to 8th on lap 2, he put in some fast laps and worked his way back to 7th, then 6th on lap 6, 5th on lap 7 and, after setting his fastest lap on lap 8, he passed the fading Callegari and Poole on the last lap to finish in a fine 3rd place. Steve Jukes in the M3, after running as high as 4th, DNF'd on lap 5. At the checker it was Hislop, from Cherry and Cook with Callegari holding on for 4th and Poole in 5th.

That brought an exciting weekend of IP racing to a close at a great track, Nationals next year at Baskerville (also a great track, make plans, save up, it's worth it).
Cheers
Gary
User avatar
TwinTurbo
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?
 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Sydney

Previous

Return to Upcoming Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest