2016 IPRAA Nationals Phillip Island

A place to post & discuss upcoming events. IPRA or other events welcomed.
Public Read

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 2016 IPRAA Nationals Phillip Island

Post Number:#261  Postby mikrace » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:30 pm

9ZERO wrote:Well done to all involved, I had a great time as I am sure most people did.
Is it possible to make an old dunnydore beat a BF?
Cheers 9zero

I have seen the EMv8's "old dunnydore's" beat LMv8 BF's... I think the real question is - can anyone in any car beat that BF.... The 2nd place pack was full of amazing machines and drivers, but still had nothing for Ray!

My question, and very keen interest, is next years Nats for a real comparison... Will Hislop have such an advantage against Cherry, Ledger and the other very fast WA packages? And will the races be long enough for the v8's and 4wd's to eat up the LHS tyres for the BMW's, rx7's and all the RWD turbo cars to come back into contention??
Michael Hazelton
0404 051 926

TwinTurbo wrote:posting on here about it will achieve exactly nothing.
mikrace
forum freak

Post Number:#262  Postby TwinTurbo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:18 pm

mikrace wrote:
9ZERO wrote:Well done to all involved, I had a great time as I am sure most people did.
Cheers 9zero
I have seen the EMv8's "old dunnydore's" beat LMv8 BF's... I think the real question is - can anyone in any car beat that BF.... The 2nd place pack was full of amazing machines and drivers, but still had nothing for Ray!
My question, and very keen interest, is next years Nats for a real comparison... Will Hislop have such an advantage against Cherry, Ledger and the other very fast WA packages? And will the races be long enough for the v8's and 4wd's to eat up the LHS tyres for the BMW's, rx7's and all the RWD turbo cars to come back into contention??

Last Nationals at Barbagallo was won by Kevin Ledger, with Ray 2nd and Leanne right behind him in 3rd. The problem with a comparison to PI would be the circuit itself, which really suites the V8's and punishes the heavier restrictored cars. Plus this year the unusual shortness of the race, it really wasn't long enough for any tyres degradation to kick in on the heavier cars. At Barbagallo I'd expect a full 30 minute final which should give the lighter cars a better chance late in the race. They would of course need to be set up appropriately for the long run.

Cheers
Gary
TwinTurbo
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

Post Number:#263  Postby mikrace » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:08 pm

TwinTurbo wrote:
mikrace wrote:
Cheers 9zero

Last Nationals at Barbagallo was won by Kevin Ledger, with Ray 2nd and Leanne right behind him in 3rd. The problem with a comparison to PI would be the circuit itself, which really suites the V8's and punishes the heavier restrictored cars. Plus this year the unusual shortness of the race, it really wasn't long enough for any tyres degradation to kick in on the heavier cars. At Barbagallo I'd expect a full 30 minute final which should give the lighter cars a better chance late in the race. They would of course need to be set up appropriately for the long run.

Cheers
Gary

Was the last WA Nats on the A050 tyre??? I thought it was on an earlier model tyre? Anyway, PI was a great Nationals and it looked spectacular on the Blendline YouTube channel
Michael Hazelton
0404 051 926

TwinTurbo wrote:posting on here about it will achieve exactly nothing.
mikrace
forum freak

Post Number:#264  Postby Steve thomas » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:59 pm

WA was on 048's.
Old Commodores with a good driver and BF Budget can beat the BF, IRS pre VE Commodores need luck as the rear end is so bad.
Ray would be no slower in a VF with SB Chev.
Back to the Past for the Future.
Steve thomas
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

Post Number:#265  Postby full_noise » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:54 pm

TwinTurbo wrote:
mikrace wrote:
Cheers 9zero

Cheers
Gary

What were the weights this yr of the front cars?
full_noise
old timer

Post Number:#266  Postby Barney » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:28 pm

Looking forward to the nationals at Barbs next year, should be a good mix of cars up the front.
Barney
forum freak

Previous

Return to Upcoming Events