2018 Adelaide 500

A place to post & discuss upcoming events. IPRA or other events welcomed.
Public Read

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 2018 Adelaide 500

Post Number:#21  Postby mikrace » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:18 am

Andy San wrote:
mikrace wrote:=D> =D> =D> WOW, looks like we are going to get some great racing!!

Does anyone know what weight/restrictor size Andy is running?

Good luck everyone and stay off the concrete and each other!! :D

I'm running a 38mm Restrictor, the little bit extra power seems to be a fairly even balance now to the cars who would have pulled away on straights before, now we're pretty even.

Thank you for sharing Andy and I agree! It was a great show of the new rules seemingly getting the balance of acceleration / top speed across the field... well apart from Ray's car!! Will be interesting on fast flowing tracks to see the parity.

Fantastic effort everyone, great show =D> =D>
Michael Hazelton
0404 051 926

TwinTurbo wrote:posting on here about it will achieve exactly nothing.
mikrace
forum freak

Post Number:#22  Postby Notso Swift » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:34 am

TwinTurbo wrote:X handle like that one
mtpanorama wrote:
TwinTurbo wrote:I keep on hearing that the days of the rotary are over, and yet Peter Ingram in the RX7 is bringing the big trophy from the Adeliade 500 meeting back to NSW. Well done, perfectly prepared and brilliantly driven. There's plenty of life in them still =D> =D> =D>

If you spend a metric truckload of $$$$$$$ on them they are, just like most of the front runners in IP these days ](*,)

I honestly don't see much difference Shane, in the early days I'd turn up at a race meeting and the legend Barry Jones would be working on the Rainbow Warrior. Ken Douglas would have all of the latest Motec stuff on the RX7 that often wasn't even available to buy, together with Issy from SelectMaz calling the shots. Phil Morris in the immaculate FJ20/24 Datsun, a personal favourite of mine, Roger Hurd in the amazing A9X, not witnessed an A9X handle like that one around corners and in a straight line. Andrew Brown's RX3 and then RX7 with a level of engineering that I'd never seen before in IP. Wayne Wakefield in the RX3 Waggon with another rotary legend in Phil Laird working away on it. Rohan Ambrose, now there was a guy who could engineer the hell out of a rotary.

It may look good through the rose coloured glasses of time passed, but I really don't see much difference. There has always been cars in IP with extraordinary engineering support behind them and decent amount of driver skill. But always there was the masses who make up the vast majority of the field, beavering away achieving big things with only their own resources. =D> =D> =D>

Cheers
Gary

True this, I always look at the old motorsport adage:
"There is no substitute for cubic dollars"
Contrary to popular opinion, I do have mechanical sympathy, I always feel sorry for the cars I drive.
Notso Swift
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

Post Number:#23  Postby Barney » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Barney
forum freak

Post Number:#24  Postby zossy1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zossy1
racer

Post Number:#25  Postby mikrace » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:39 pm

Pete is a star!!!

Michael Hazelton
0404 051 926

TwinTurbo wrote:posting on here about it will achieve exactly nothing.
mikrace
forum freak

Post Number:#26  Postby pete-rx7 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:47 pm

Is this Auto Action?

I need to get a copy if so. Going through pics today I found a great one of turn 1 chicane lap one with Brown in third, Hislop in 2nd and me in 1st. Think I'll find out what the biggest size print I can get done and print that and put in the shed as my 1.40seconds of claim to fame!
Pete Ingram
NSW #32 Rx7
pete-rx7
old timer

Post Number:#27  Postby zossy1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:59 am

Auto Action, yep

zossy1
racer

Previous

Return to Upcoming Events