Blendline TV - No IPRA coverage?

A place to chat about the state of the IPRA nation, ask (non-technical) questions about IPRA, etc.
Public Read and Write

Moderator: Moderators

Blendline TV - No IPRA coverage?

Post Number:#1  Postby mikrace » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:55 pm

I asked Blendline TV why they were not covering IPRA, and they said IPRA declined to be involved (or similarly worded).

I assume it would have been on the minutes on IPRANSW so I could read about it, but cannot find it. Does anyone know where I can find info about it (since i can't make the General Meetings) or give me a brief in a PM?

Thank you.
Michael Hazelton
0404 051 926

TwinTurbo wrote:posting on here about it will achieve exactly nothing.
mikrace
forum freak

Re: Blendline TV - No IPRA coverage?

Post Number:#2  Postby moylee19 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:15 pm

based on the quote we got for the nationals I am not surprised.
moylee19
one foot in the grave

Post Number:#3  Postby TwinTurbo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:41 pm

mikrace wrote:I asked Blendline TV why they were not covering IPRA, and they said IPRA declined to be involved (or similarly worded).
I assume it would have been on the minutes on IPRANSW so I could read about it, but cannot find it. Does anyone know where I can find info about it (since i can't make the General Meetings) or give me a brief in a PM?
Thank you.

Pretty simple Mik, the cost is beyond the IPRANSW budget, keeping in mind that we would have to pay for 2 categories, O2L and U2L. It is raised at a GM around once per year and the vote is always very heavily against spending what is a substantial amount of money. That's IPRANSW's money and/or competitors' money.

Keeping in mind that if we commit and another category/categories don't then we have to pay what they don't pay. Role the dice, we could be up for a cost equal to 8 categories.

Cheers
Gary
TwinTurbo
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

Post Number:#4  Postby mikrace » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:11 pm

PS: Meant to say that this was not a complaint, just an info hunt.

Great, Thank you Gary! I totally understand.

I get asked about IP racing and the video coverage from other competitors in motorsport.

Maybe NSW will get lucky and find a resource in the local IP community that can do editing of all our in-car videos and the interwebby stuff required....
Michael Hazelton
0404 051 926

mikrace
forum freak

Post Number:#5  Postby Blend Line TV » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi Guys,

Just thought we’d jump on and give you our view of the situation. We regularly keep an eye on the state racing forums (including this one). Most of you know us, we’re all pretty passionate about state level racing, and we want to do more of it!

To clarify a misconception, we don’t require a commitment to underwrite all the other categories on a race meeting if you sign up to Blend Line TV.

How it usually works is that Blend Line or the organiser will pitch to all the categories, coming up with a price that we think is affordable, where we can cover our costs. If we get enough categories to do it, we’re there, but in fairness to those that pay, we only cover those categories.

If we can’t get enough categories to cover it without making a loss, then we don't go, or we don’t stream. To make it clear, nobody gets a bill unless we do something.

Obviously there’s a cost to do this sort of stuff, and it is pretty significant. However we are flexible about how we go about things. We’ve got lots of different categories and events with different arrangements, some with live stream, some with post-produced stuff on Pay TV, or YouTube or Free To Air TV, some with just social media.

After experimenting with state level coverage this year, here’s how we recommend you go about getting IP to the Live Streaming stage:

* Call me, or send me an email, and have a chat about where the market is at, and get a rough idea of the costs. That way you know what you’re aiming for. Don’t ask other people - every track is different, every level of coverage is different. We tailor all the packages because if we don’t you’d be paying too much. So please ask us.

* Think about how you can raise the money to fund this outside of the traditional models (in particular, remember all your series sponsors are getting extra value on TV/streaming whatever, talk to us about how we can help you there, if you’re paying us to be there, we can sort your sponsors out, those who watch our coverage know we go to the effort to make sure that all the cars on the entry list have their sponsors listed in the graphics as much as possible, and we do extra stuff for categories).

* Don’t assume it’s an all or nothing proposition (you don’t have to stream *all* the rounds, be smart, think about what else is on TV, or on live streaming, it might be smarter to focus resources on weekends that don’t have, for instance, a live Supercars race on Ten…)

* Put aside an agreed promotions fund that is regularly contributed to for this purpose. Why? Because it’s state racing, opportunities often arise at the last minute (it’s Wednesday, we’ll still cover another category at SMP this weekend if they call!), and rather than being restricted to your “all or nothing vote” at the start of the year, you can get on board when the situation is right (entries are good, it’s a good round to be on TV, you’ve got a new category sponsor, lots of other categories are in so the price is better, whatever).

If any of the state committees need any further info, drop me an email at info@dgbmedia.com.au and we’ll do our best for you!

regards
Dan @ Blend Line TV
Blend Line TV
rookie

Post Number:#6  Postby davel » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi Dan,

Apologies for the time taken to approve the post above, didn’t realise it was there until just now. I’ve also changed your account so future posts don’t need approvals.

Thanks for the work you guys do :-) I love the flexible business model you’ve described
Cheers,

Dave
Therapy Masters
KE25 Corolla #80 Over2l
www.therapymasters.com.au
davel
Site Admin

Post Number:#7  Postby mikrace » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Thanks for the clarification... very interesting.
Michael Hazelton
0404 051 926

mikrace
forum freak

Post Number:#8  Postby Blend Line TV » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:35 am

Thanks Dave, Appreciate being approved. Love the IPRA community and showcasing the racing where we can.
At the moment the flexibility model we've got in place is the only one we feel is fair to everyone as much as we can be.
Blend Line TV
rookie

Return to General Chat