IPRA The future in Australian Motorsport

A place to chat about the state of the IPRA nation, ask (non-technical) questions about IPRA, etc.
Public Read and Write

Moderator: Moderators

moylee19
one foot in the grave

Re: IPRA The future in Australian Motorsport

Post by moylee19 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:21 pm

3 times a charm isn't it?

stephen
rookie

Re: IPRA The future in Australian Motorsport

Post by stephen » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:28 pm

Steve thomas wrote:I built the VN heavy knowing it had to weigh 1405 + 50kg for rwd but still had to add massive weight to get there. Even runs a massive Bobcat battery.
I also don't like Holdens but a Falcon tho much better costs a lot more for a good engine. That said I want to run a LMT Jap car but found out they are to heavily restricted to race on a budget.
Commodore gives us a cheap platform to run at a state level that a group of mates can build in the shed at home with only a few minor jobs some would have to send out.
I am seriously considering building a Falcon with a Windsor. I'm interested in the comment 'costs a lot more for a good engine'. Are you able to qualify that for me? As I understand it a Dart or a Ford Motorsport block is not able to be used so are you referring to the heads and induction?
A decent 347 will haul the mail pretty well but is that still down on the Holden stuff? There is a lack of Falcons in NSW so is there a reason for that?