Is Trade Me " Generally " Safe ?? !!

A place to chat about the state of the IPRA nation, ask (non-technical) questions about IPRA, etc.
Public Read and Write

Moderator: Moderators

Delboy
one foot in the grave

Is Trade Me " Generally " Safe ?? !!

Post by Delboy » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:28 pm

Hi Guys

If your having trouble sleeping read on !

As heading :cry: :evil:
While I do actually feel sorry for myself :roll: I appear to be just a victim of chance when buying.

Some may know I have a small car which I'm trying to get together slowly, to run in overs ( Slowly :lol: ) ... Money is always tight while trying to increase stock each order.

The car not been sold here, I found myself in need of curtain parts, only found overseas.

So to conform with he who must be obeyed :wink: I found a number of parts on Trade Me I needed about 16 months back. Yep 16 :twisted:
While negotiations were set in place for the things I needed I simply plodded with the cage etc and all the dirty work, while the wrecker bloke advised he was getting bits together as I had taken the opportunity to buy in some cases two of the things that get hit in a small racing love tap.

At no time did I suspect as I had received pictures of most of the parts, including a bonnet and roof.
The guy said he had taken all the parts home for me and was to pack them as the wreckers had closed. I has asked for pictures before I sent more $ for plywood to pack into crates etc. Which thankfully i did not send ( March 2016 )
At this time things went wrong.

Anyway ... March this year things got real quiet and all correspondence was being ignored I involved the NZ police after many hrs looking for both him and the wreckers of which I did not have the name. They thankfully at least had a look into this, as there was many things which became a little odd like number plates in one of the pictures being from stolen vehicle.

Bottom line after nearly 35 emails and a ship load of wasted time PLUS 2K I cannot afford to loose and will never get back, this is just a little warning if buying from this type of palaces I guess.
Hopefully when things get going again with the screens I will continue down the simular road to get the parts I need ... Somehow as I'm way to far in to simply give it up !

I have since replied to say that I have to disrespect this f'ing male organ, who calls himself a man, and also say how it would have helped so much to have had a simple I'm sorry :roll: ....

Personally I believe when the wreckers closed ( At which time he told me the parts were all good and at his house ) he then sold the parts he had taken home. Not expecting me to chase at all.

Sent: Wednesday, 21 December 2016 9:50 AM
To: 'Del'
Subject: RE: Obtains by deception, Police file 161017/0682

Hi Derek

I am sorry to report that I have no positive news for you regarding this matter. I have spoken to Jimmy Lip98iu0 and got his version of events – he seems to be pretty genuine.

It appears that Jimmy was working for a guy named Jim G-09u- who ‘owned’ a wreckers yard in Birmingham Street, Paraparaumu. 0hy98_)(8(*&^%T is a gang member career criminal currently doing a long stretch in prison.

G)(*&yt used Jimmy to sell items for him over Trade Me and also required Jimmy to use his own bank account – I guess to keep G(*&Y’s bank accounts out of the record.

Jimmy states that he received the money you sent him and passed it onto Gu*&^(% in cash as per standard procedure. He was sorting out the car parts for you as requested when the business was closed down, G(*&^T arrested and subsequently imprisoned. He had intended to remove the car parts from the premises and take them home as discussed with you, however he become the subject of stand-over threats and had to leave his employment with a large amount of wages owing and no opportunity to rescue your parts. He left the responsibility for your parts with the remaining workers there but obviously they have not followed through on the arrangement.

Subsequently everything that was in the wreckers yard was crushed and transported for scrap – there is now nothing left but an empty yard.

Jimmy believes that he is as much a victim of this situation as you are. He states he stopped communicating with you as it was no longer his responsibility to process your request and he was trying to put the whole business behind him. He feels bad for you but is in the same boat himself.

Jimmy appears to me to be genuine. I tend to believe what he says, he has no history with Police for dishonesty. There is no way that I can prove or disprove what he had told me, although knowing Jim *&^%4t I can well believe that he had set Jimmy up to be the intermediary for his online business to keep himself removed from it. In the circumstances I can take no further action with regards to Jimmy, and it is pointless trying to get anything out of G-98## either.

Either way I am afraid that your money is unrecoverable and the car parts you are so keen to get hold of appear to have been crushed.

I am sorry that I have not been able to help get a positive outcome for you.

Merry Christmas to you and kind regards

Br
Community Crime Prevention Officer: Kapiti
Kapiti-Mana Community Crime Prevention Team | Kapiti Police | New Zealand Police
P +64 4 296 6809 | F +64 4 296 6801 | E B@police.govt.nz
Kapiti Police Station, Rimu Road, Paraparaumu, PO Box 205, Paraparaumu 5032, http://www.police.govt.nz
Safer Communities Together

NZ Police on Facebook

Follow @NZPolice

NZ Police on YouTube

Sent: Thursday, 15 December 2016 1:11 p.m.
To:B <90iuh908se@police.govt.nz>
Subject: RE: Obtains by deception, Police file 161017/0682

Good Afternoon Br*&%

While I appreciate what is being do to ascertain why I was mugged of my money a year ago by Jimmy +(*()*& ....

It’s been a few weeks now, and I was wondering if there has been any positive news at all, at this early stage.
Sorry I have no idea and how long these issues take within your police system.
My mother died at Christmas and money from her will, is tied up in this car so a touchy point at this time.

Thanks in advance Br.

Please allow me the opportunity to wish you the best for Christmas, if I do not hear back shortly.

Regards

Cheers .... Derek Smith

Derek Smith
Motorsport Heated Windscreens
ABN : 796 265 467 20

Email : Sales@motorsportwindscreens.com.au
Mobile : 0422 425 026

Postal Address : Derek Smith
Motorsport Windscreens.
C/O Wentworth Falls Post Office,
Station St, Wentworth Falls.
NSW 2782
Australia

Sent: 10 November, 2016 7:32 AM
To: 'motorsportwindscreens@iinet.net.au'
Subject: Obtain by deception

Hi Derrick

Re Obtains by deception, Police file 161017/0682

I have been tasked to follow up on your complaint regarding your purchase of car parts from Mr +(*()*& Before I go to speak with him I just wanted to clarify whether you have had any further contact with Mr +(*()*& since you made your complaint to NZ Police?

Regards

B
Community Crime Prevention Officer: Kapiti
Kapiti-Mana Community Crime Prevention Team | Kapiti Police | New Zealand Police
P +64 4 296 6809 | F +64 4 296 6801 | E B@police.govt.nz
Kapiti Police Station, Rimu Road, Paraparaumu, PO Box 205, Paraparaumu 5032, http://www.police.govt.nz
Safer Communities Together

NZ Police on Facebook

Follow @NZPolice

NZ Police on YouTube

===============================================================
WARNING
The information contained in this email message is intended for the addressee only and may contain privileged information. It may also be subject to the provisions of section 50 of the Policing Act 2008, which creates an offence to have unlawful possession of Police property. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or have received this message in error, you must not peruse, use, distribute or copy this message or any of its contents.
Also note, the views expressed in this message may not necessarily reflect those of the New Zealand Police. If you have received this message in error, please email or telephone the sender immediately

Karma .... :badgrin: :evil:
Cheers .... Del From Hell

Special Thanks .... " Motorsport Heated Windscreens " ....

Let The Fun Begin O2LTEM .... " Plan B "

harerace
one foot in the grave

Re: Is Trade Me " Generally " Safe ?? !!

Post by harerace » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:25 pm

Is that it ? what a joke man, not even the Police in NZ give a $hit, unreal
Michael Hopp
HARE Motorsport
Toyota Starlet EP91R #55

Go Hard or Go Home

speaksgeek
pit crew

Post by speaksgeek » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:36 pm

Trademe is as safe as ebay or gumtree. When I lived in NZ I used it regularly, and I know my family still does.
At one stage there was talk that it accounted for something like 10% of all NZ internet traffic.

It's a tough story. I have a pretty firm rule about paying for stuff on my credit card unless I can be very sure about the business I am sending my money to. It makes recovering stolen money a lot easier as long as you report it before 90 days are up.

harerace
one foot in the grave

Post by harerace » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:29 pm

speaksgeek wrote:Trademe is as safe as ebay or gumtree. When I lived in NZ I used it regularly, and I know my family still does.
At one stage there was talk that it accounted for something like 10% of all NZ internet traffic.

It's a tough story. I have a pretty firm rule about paying for stuff on my credit card unless I can be very sure about the business I am sending my money to. It makes recovering stolen money a lot easier as long as you report it before 90 days are up.
PayPal helps with that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Michael Hopp
HARE Motorsport
Toyota Starlet EP91R #55

Go Hard or Go Home

Delboy
one foot in the grave

Post by Delboy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:26 pm

Hey ....

Baring in mind I have run businesses since 1981 I too am well aware of the safer ways one can transfer money !
This was being sold be a then currently registered wrecking yard ( I checked prior )

The guy I spoke with worked there ....

So I had his work address and work phone, his mobile, and send money to a bank account in his name. So should there be problems I had proof I had sent the money to a NZ recipient ...

Also have a ship load of picture Definitely from the wreckers which advertised the parts. As their business name could be seen at the wrecking yard.
What ships me is having to do this all over again, just to run in NSW at circuits I totally hate :roll:
Cheers .... Del From Hell

Special Thanks .... " Motorsport Heated Windscreens " ....

Let The Fun Begin O2LTEM .... " Plan B "