IPRA Australia National Web Site

A place to chat about the state of the IPRA nation, ask (non-technical) questions about IPRA, etc.
Public Read and Write

Moderator: Moderators

gmontrack
old timer
IPRA Australia National Web Site

Post by gmontrack » Wed May 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce that the IPRA National Board will be launching its own IP National web site, IPRAAus.com.au within the next couple of weeks.

At the recent state delegates meeting it was evident that there was room for a better level of communication between the National Body and its members and also a need to have an avenue where technical information and other relevant documents can be viewed by all. It is hoped that this will also help to get everyone on the same page, so to speak and get us away from this misinformation that floats around and just rely on authenticity and the facts on what is happening at a national level.

The finial make up of the web site is being worked on currently, but there will be several pages that will all have important information available for those wanting to know, for example the latest CAMS bulletins, previous State Delegate meeting minutes, State & National Constitution documents, proposals currently before the Board or what regulations are being reviewed by the newly formed National Technical Committee. There will be information on our annual IPRA Nationals event, past results, which state is next to host the event, etc. We will have information on the category and how to get involved, details on each state club and their contacts (links page) and all sorts of other information that needs to be available to members and those wishing to become one.

This will give the National Body a much needed platform for us to communicate and relay information on what is happen now and into the future of the great category of yours and hopefully combat some of the black spots that have been apparent to date. It is not designed to take over from any states current web site but rather deal with things at a more national level.

Stay tuned!!
GM

full_noise
old timer
Re: IPRA Australia National Web Site

Post by full_noise » Wed May 17, 2017 8:47 pm

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Great news

pete-rx7
old timer

Post by pete-rx7 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Excellent. Great idea.
Pete Ingram
NSW #32 Rx7

FatBoy
I spend too much time in front of a keyboard

Post by FatBoy » Fri May 19, 2017 11:39 pm

Good stuff Garry... =D>

Just a suggestion - have someone even remotely social media savvy start running the various States FB / Instagram accounts. The vast majority of people under 40 (under virtually everyone <30) love that stuff, websites are slowly going the way of the dinosaurs... :idea:
Nismo Riceboy

mtpanorama

Post by mtpanorama » Sat May 20, 2017 11:52 am

FatBoy wrote:Good stuff Garry... =D>

Just a suggestion - have someone even remotely social media savvy start running the various States FB / Instagram accounts. The vast majority of people under 40 (under virtually everyone <30) love that stuff, websites are slowly going the way of the dinosaurs... :idea:
I agree. I haven't had a work website for 3 years and have only had a handfull of people tell me it's not working. I do have FB and Insta and thats where a lot of my contact comes from.
Shane Fowler Rx7 53
-------------------------------------------------
For all your signage needs, Shane's Signs 0422 418 725

TwinTurbo
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

Post by TwinTurbo » Sat May 20, 2017 6:02 pm

For those that haven't caught up with it yet, IPRANSW has a very active Facebook page, especially on race weekends with words and pictures. The web site ipransw.org.au is the place for longer term resources such as CAMS regulations, contact details, pointscore, calendar, current magazine and driver/car profiles. Before diverting valuable and scarce resources it may pay to survey the average age of IP competitors, there's a few under 30 but my guess is that vast majority are over 40. More the Snapchat age (am I allowed to say that :shock: ).

I should also mention the driver profile request that was emailed out to all members, it includes provision for your social media presence. So please complete it as soon as you can. It will help with allocating resources plus it's a good way to thank your support crew and sponsors.

Cheers
Gary

FatBoy

Post by FatBoy » Sat May 20, 2017 9:07 pm

For those that haven't caught up yet, Gary claims NSW has a "very active" Facebook page, amazingly with "words and pictures".... :shock:

It's actually so active in fact that somehow it currently has 125 pending member requests. That's almost bang on 10% of the total number of people (1289 FYI) who have liked and follow the page. Those 125 people can't view or comment on the page - regardless of whether they are an interested observer or a potential future competitor ?

Gary also mentioned that most IP competitors are over 40, so it might not be wise to divert "scarce and valuable" resources to a FaceBook / Instagram page. Call me crazy but I would have thought the whole point would have been to attract new people younger than 40 to the class to "future proof" a potential competitor base ?

Speaking of scarce and valuable resources myself and one other guy take care of the social media for another class. On average I spend less than 5 minutes a day on the page. On race weekends i might do three or four posts which would take maybe 5 minutes each maximum. Hardly time consuming ? That page has almost 3000 followers, zero pending requests, a 100% message response rate with an average time of 34 minutes.

When I mentioned "social media savvy people" it's safe to assume you're probably not who I was referring to Gary.

If Garry M or Joseph (or anyone else for that matter) want any tips on building an audience I'm happy to help out and have a chat ? Certainly don't claim to know everything but a mate of mine makes a living doing FB pages for various businesses and sporting organisations and has given me a few tips... :wink:

Cheers

IPRA . Rotor
old timer

Post by IPRA . Rotor » Tue May 23, 2017 9:48 am

FatBoy wrote:For those that haven't caught up yet, Gary claims NSW has a "very active" Facebook page, amazingly with "words and pictures".... :shock:

It's actually so active in fact that somehow it currently has 125 pending member requests. That's almost bang on 10% of the total number of people (1289 FYI) who have liked and follow the page. Those 125 people can't view or comment on the page - regardless of whether they are an interested observer or a potential future competitor ?

Gary also mentioned that most IP competitors are over 40, so it might not be wise to divert "scarce and valuable" resources to a FaceBook / Instagram page. Call me crazy but I would have thought the whole point would have been to attract new people younger than 40 to the class to "future proof" a potential competitor base ?

Speaking of scarce and valuable resources myself and one other guy take care of the social media for another class. On average I spend less than 5 minutes a day on the page. On race weekends i might do three or four posts which would take maybe 5 minutes each maximum. Hardly time consuming ? That page has almost 3000 followers, zero pending requests, a 100% message response rate with an average time of 34 minutes.

When I mentioned "social media savvy people" it's safe to assume you're probably not who I was referring to Gary.

If Garry M or Joseph (or anyone else for that matter) want any tips on building an audience I'm happy to help out and have a chat ? Certainly don't claim to know everything but a mate of mine makes a living doing FB pages for various businesses and sporting organisations and has given me a few tips... :wink:

Cheers

Cello, since you have directly mentioned me on this I feel obliged to reply. Which I am not totally stoked about.

The 'page' you are referring to that is doing so badly is actually a group. (IPRA NSW - Improved Production racing Association Group) The 'group' that you are referring to was started by yourself and Greg Hartnett. Yourself, Greg and I are admins on this group and all three of us can allow new members into this group. I was made a member a while ago after the IPRA NSW committee at the time requested that one of the current committee members be an admin. You're correct that it needs work allowing new members, however it is not the official IPRA NSW Facebook page or channel of communication.

To make sure we are all talking about the same thing, the APRA page that you're referring to has 2,863 members and you do a great job on that with your words and pictures. The IPRA NSW page (Improved Production Racing Association NSW), which we do spend more time on, currently has 1,357 likes (followers) and we too update it with words and picture. Sometimes even video. This is what Gary was talking about, not the group. If you want to get really Facebook nerdy, the IPRA Facebook page, generally has better engagement than the APRA page, but let's not get caught up in that.

You will also be pleased to know, that recently IPRA NSW has started sending out Electronic Mail to its member base, with the aim of keeping our members as up to date as possible. IPRA NSW has also spent a great deal of time, money and effort updating its website. This is still a work in progress and I believe that soon we will have a terrific website for our members, followers, fan and general public.

Cello, if you are offering your services to IPRA NSW as a helper, of course I would take you up on it. But not through forum banter. I'd much rather catch up for a long overdue beer or chat on the phone next time your stuck on the M4.

Now please don't make me write on the forum again......

Cheers, Joseph

FatBoy

Post by FatBoy » Tue May 23, 2017 11:41 am

Hang on. You love forums and Facebook - I even noticed you stalking the APRA page this morning. And took a screenshot to prove it so don't deny it... :lol:

As per our chat perhaps time to migrate both groups to avoid confusion. And slight correction, I did not and have not ever started any IPRA related page - ever. Please avoid attending the Twin Turbo school of factual information.

Your shout for a beer by the way... 8)

forum freak

Post by 82911 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:04 pm

IPRA . Rotor wrote:
FatBoy wrote:For those that haven't caught up yet, Gary claims NSW has a "very active" Facebook page, amazingly with "words and pictures".... :shock:

Cheers

Cello, since you have directly mentioned me on this I feel obliged to reply. Which I am not totally stoked about.

The 'page' you are referring to that is doing so badly is actually a group. (IPRA NSW - Improved Production racing Association Group) The 'group' that you are referring to was started by yourself and Greg Hartnett. Yourself, Greg and I are admins on this group and all three of us can allow new members into this group. I was made a member a while ago after the IPRA NSW committee at the time requested that one of the current committee members be an admin. You're correct that it needs work allowing new members, however it is not the official IPRA NSW Facebook page or channel of communication.

To make sure we are all talking about the same thing, the APRA page that you're referring to has 2,863 members and you do a great job on that with your words and pictures. The IPRA NSW page (Improved Production Racing Association NSW), which we do spend more time on, currently has 1,357 likes (followers) and we too update it with words and picture. Sometimes even video. This is what Gary was talking about, not the group. If you want to get really Facebook nerdy, the IPRA Facebook page, generally has better engagement than the APRA page, but let's not get caught up in that.

You will also be pleased to know, that recently IPRA NSW has started sending out Electronic Mail to its member base, with the aim of keeping our members as up to date as possible. IPRA NSW has also spent a great deal of time, money and effort updating its website. This is still a work in progress and I believe that soon we will have a terrific website for our members, followers, fan and general public.

Cello, if you are offering your services to IPRA NSW as a helper, of course I would take you up on it. But not through forum banter. I'd much rather catch up for a long overdue beer or chat on the phone next time your stuck on the M4.

Cheers, Joseph
Don't drag me into this Joey....
I've tried to leave as an admin of that group several times but I can't find the right buttons to push.
Help???
Greg...(who also dislikes having to write on this forum)... haha

Cheers Greg
"Conversely some people lack self awareness / emotional intelligence, and just have to be right all the time... "

IPRA . Rotor
old timer

Post by IPRA . Rotor » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:25 am

82911 wrote:
IPRA . Rotor wrote:

Cheers

Cheers, Joseph
Don't drag me into this Joey....
I've tried to leave as an admin of that group several times but I can't find the right buttons to push.
Help???
Greg...(who also dislikes having to write on this forum)... haha

Cheers Greg

Hahaha, i'm looking for the 'get out' button all the time mate!

platinum motorsport
rookie

Post by platinum motorsport » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:13 pm

any news on whether the website is online yet ??
Neil Streatfield
0422 974 733
WA RX7 #77

gmontrack
old timer

Post by gmontrack » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:50 am

The web site is now on line... Over the next few months we will slowly build and develop it from what is currently there.

GM

pete-rx7
old timer

Post by pete-rx7 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:33 pm

gmontrack wrote:The web site is now on line... Over the next few months we will slowly build and develop it from what is currently there.

GM
Link...?
Pete Ingram
NSW #32 Rx7

TwinTurbo
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

Post by TwinTurbo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:05 pm

pete-rx7 wrote:
gmontrack wrote:The web site is now on line... Over the next few months we will slowly build and develop it from what is currently there.
GM
Link...?
http://ipraaus.com.au/

Cheers
Gary