IP is back at Bathurst

A place to post & discuss upcoming events. IPRA or other events welcomed.
Public Read

Moderator: Moderators

gmontrack
old timer
Re: IP is back at Bathurst

Post by gmontrack » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:10 am

Dave.... when you were in business I'm sure you got paid for your work and made a profit so you could continue to trade... why do you think others should not be able to do the same.... with promoters making a profit they can continue to provide events races etc etc....no one would win and we would not have even a race track to run at... do you think that myself and others should spend hours and hours organizing events and not be paid... did you work for nothing? Dave... get over it .....you missed out this year and now you are just appearing as a sour looser because you missed out...
No one is forced to come and play.... and I was told you were happy to take a spot if one opened up.... move on Dave...

Electro
old timer

Post by Electro » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:02 pm

gmontrack wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:10 am
Dave.... when you were in business I'm sure you got paid for your work and made a profit so you could continue to trade... why do you think others should not be able to do the same.... with promoters making a profit they can continue to provide events races etc etc....no one would win and we would not have even a race track to run at... do you think that myself and others should spend hours and hours organising events and not be paid... did you work for nothing? Dave... get over it .....you missed out this year and now you are just appearing as a sour looser because you missed out...
No one is forced to come and play.... and I was told you were happy to take a spot if one opened up.... move on Dave...
Come on Gary, the real reason I didn't get in this year, is because your dislike of me. "Preference will be given to previous supporters of this event and preference to current state champions". Yes, I ticked both of those box's. I take offence to the "sour looser" because there was no way I was ever going to run at this event anyway, I just would have liked to see your face when you received my expression of interest.

Please show me how much money you have put back into providing events and races.

The big, and only issue, that I have is that I feel that you are using your position as NA to enable you to stand above, and sell our category to event organisers. This position on NA, which you got voted in by bypassing the Constitution.

I would have absolutely not one problem with you running Bathurst, charging what you like, as long as you were not a high ranking officer.

I certainly trust that you will be paying all the people that are going to help you run this event.

I would be happy to run this Bathurst event. It would be for absolute zero profit, and it would be for zero loss. Why? Because I joined a club with fellows members that have a common interest in Motor Racing. We all come together and enjoy each others company and enjoy the sport. I expect that there would be a common goal amongst members to help each other out. We would appoint members to guide us through each year, by organising a calendar of events, and then all pool together to make those events happen. Then there would be some that put their hand up to organise major events like the Nationals/Adelaide etc. These people ask for no thanks, or money, but just enjoy watching their fellow competitors enjoy their hobby. This to me, is how a 'not for profit' club works. We are here to help each other and enjoy IP motor racing, whether you drive or not.

kickbuttracing
rookie

Post by kickbuttracing » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:29 pm

First of all, I want to make one thing quite clear, I think it's Great that IP is back on the Mountain, it would be better if it was the 12hr or the 1000, but any track time at the mountain is good. As for the price of $2100, I had sent my deposit in which means I was happy to pay the amount, it was only after I found out what other support categories were charging I started to get a bit suspicious,the other thing that caught my eye was the fact that 16 weeks before the event you are not entitled to a full refund.
let's talk about the refund, let's say Joe Blow is doing his final practice to check everything before the big event only to blow his engine, no ones fault just bad luck, he rings GM and tells him asap to make sure he has enough time to replace him, GM makes a call or two, maybe three and finds a replacement, Joe Blow is down $2100 and feeling bad that he is going to miss out on racing at Bathurst, The replacement is as happy as s&*t because he is going to race at Bathurst and GM is over the moon because he has made a couple of phone calls and is $2100 better off, now if that seems fair to you, you must be living in a different world to me. At the end of the day, we should be looking after IP members. Now if GM couldn't find a replacement, well then that different. As for GM saying that I got a refund, yes I did, I got $400 of my $800 deposit and I gave him 17 weeks notice and he filled my spot the same week.

Let's talk about transparency, this is not just one member going off on a rant, this was discussed at a QIPRA committee meeting as concerns were raised by QLD IP members about the whole Bathurst thing, mainly because of the refund policy and the conflict of interest with GM being the NA also we wanted to know if any money was going back to each IP State, I think these are all fair questions. The QIPRA committee had decided to ask GM at the delegates meeting about transparency at Bathurst, but it was swept under the carpet, now the question is why.

In a previous response from Twin Turbo, he states that the ARDC does not have to explain where the money goes, well the ARDC is not the NA of IP, and I think its fair to say that if you have 110 EOI and that everybody has to pay the full amount 16 weeks before the event there is no chance of risk of losing money. Does anyone else think that it's strange as soon as the financial risk is removed GM takes over as the sole person to deal with, leaving the States out of the cash cow?

As for GM comment about maybe I got my figures wrong, when the call was made, I was writing notes as we spoke, hence why I repeatedly said "based on those figures you are going to do your backside" I never asked him how much the grip spot was he told me, I still have the bit of paper that I was writing on, it was only when he responded to Waldos remark about paying $100 000 that I decided to say something, after our phone call I sat down and worked on what the excels were charging and that's when the penny dropped, made a few phone calls to find out what other support categories were paying and I can guarantee you it is not $135000 or $100000, so here is my next question why is GM misleading members of IP of which he is the National Administrator of about the amount for the grid spot.

One last thing, during our conversation, GM and I were talking about the refund policy and I made the comment that it was unfair and that based on his refund policy, the more people that pulled out the better, as long as they could be replaced, he said that was his "Cream", based on that comment you only need a lot of Cream when you have a big Cake.
Regards Brett

Steve thomas
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

Post by Steve thomas » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:04 pm

Wish there was a way of having NA and Delegates without personal interests.
Back to the Past for the Future.

gmontrack
old timer

Post by gmontrack » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:59 am

Brett and Dave..... it is a waste of time me replying to either of you as no matter what I say you will not except anything or take what I say is fact.

Please note that if On Track Management get asked by the promoter to again provide a field of cars as a support to the 2020 6hr event, and take on the risk that comes with it etc etc...... that it will no longer be IPRA exclusive and IPRA will not be used in its title.

Hopefully this will solve any issues that you have regarding the conflict of interests that you think there maybe be.

I started doing the support at the 12hr for IP long before I was NA and FYI will not be the NA for much longer .... so you will get your wish.... will done boys!

GM

zossy1
racer

Post by zossy1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:31 am

Dirty laundry well and truly aired.

IPRA wins again as a result (not). FFS, why is this garbage being slathered over a public forum?

Steve thomas
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

Post by Steve thomas » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:20 pm

All over Facebook etc. Simple fact is we can't find anyone without self interest, All volunteers come from IP racers or members.
Last edited by Steve thomas on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Back to the Past for the Future.

MERLIN
one foot in the grave

Post by MERLIN » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:51 pm

zossy1 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:31 am
Dirty laundry well and truly aired.

IPRA wins again as a result (not). FFS, why is this garbage being slathered over a public forum?
The reason why this is being done in an open forum
Is Because a number of members have tried to question all this in private and get shut down

I see no problem with questions being asked ....not very one is going to like the results

There is a lot of people that need some concrete in there breakfast

John P
MAZDA RX 7 IP57 Vic

full_noise
old timer

Post by full_noise » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:04 pm

will there be a yokohama tyre retailer on site?

cheers