NULON IMPROVED PRODUCTION CARS @ CLIPSAL 500 2017

A place to post & discuss upcoming events. IPRA or other events welcomed.
Public Read

Moderator: Moderators

RoyBoy302
forum freak

Re: NULON IMPROVED PRODUCTION CARS @ CLIPSAL 500 2017

Post by RoyBoy302 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:01 am

TwinTurbo wrote:
Born Again Racer wrote:Just wondering how other states have gone approaching Supercars about getting on the program at other rounds based on the reaction to the class at Clipsal
My view is pretty simple. High profile, high cost events do come at a cost, the most obvious being the loss of competitors to the various State Championships. Limiting ourselves to 1, or at the most 2, such events per year plus the Nationals would be my recommendation. The Nationals are very well run and attended, with last year having a record number of competitors. Nationals occur every year and Bathurst has been on the calendar for a long time, so there is plenty of opportunity for people to budget for them. In contrast there is more of a cost in lost competitors to the various State Championships when a high profile high cost event is suddenly, out of the blue, announced. There is undoubtedly a cost to the State Championships in these types of events and that needs to be recognised before we jump at what may seem like an opportunity too good to miss. There are consequences and they shouldn't be dismissed lightly. In summary, the State Championship should be our priority, followed very closely by the Nationals. Other events have to considered very carefully in regards to their effect on out main objectives.

Cheers
Gary
Gary ,

I don't think you were asked your opinion . I think the question was .........................

Just wondering how other states have gone approaching Supercars about getting on the program at other rounds based on the reaction to the class at Clipsal ?

Which you didn't even attempt to answer !!!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Cheers

Royboy

Anderson's Axiom
You can only be young once ,
but you can be immature forever

TwinTurbo
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

Post by TwinTurbo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:59 am

RoyBoy302 wrote:
TwinTurbo wrote:
Born Again Racer wrote:Just wondering how other states have gone approaching Supercars about getting on the program at other rounds based on the reaction to the class at Clipsal
My view is pretty simple. High profile, high cost events do come at a cost, the most obvious being the loss of competitors to the various State Championships. Limiting ourselves to 1, or at the most 2, such events per year plus the Nationals would be my recommendation. The Nationals are very well run and attended, with last year having a record number of competitors. Nationals occur every year and Bathurst has been on the calendar for a long time, so there is plenty of opportunity for people to budget for them. In contrast there is more of a cost in lost competitors to the various State Championships when a high profile high cost event is suddenly, out of the blue, announced. There is undoubtedly a cost to the State Championships in these types of events and that needs to be recognised before we jump at what may seem like an opportunity too good to miss. There are consequences and they shouldn't be dismissed lightly. In summary, the State Championship should be our priority, followed very closely by the Nationals. Other events have to considered very carefully in regards to their effect on out main objectives.
Gary ,
I don't think you were asked your opinion . I think the question was .........................
Just wondering how other states have gone approaching Supercars about getting on the program at other rounds based on the reaction to the class at Clipsal ?
Which you didn't even attempt to answer
I really don't believe that I am in a position to answer on behalf of any State Roy. So I didn't. What I did do was to give "my view", as clearly defined by the first 2 words of the post.

Cheers
Gary

JAASMac
racer

Post by JAASMac » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:28 pm

Same but different.....
View and Opinion.png
Ant McDonald
Pitcrewin'