IPRANSW Round 2 2017 - Wakefield Park

A place to post & discuss upcoming events. IPRA or other events welcomed.
Public Read

Moderator: Moderators

mikrace
forum freak

Re: IPRANSW Round 2 2017 - Wakefield Park

Post by mikrace » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:05 pm

switch wrote:So we are about 2 weeks out now. Has anyone actually tested down there yet. I am hearing multiple reports on the sound limit issues down there.
Did anyone have trouble with the noise meter at any of the WP meetings this year?

I haven't had an issue previous to the new meter and location, but i blew the thing apart on Friday. I put a deflector on and still went over by 5 dB. The WP staff suggested the low cloud cover attributed to the high readings but i still got told to park the car... I not having a go at WP, just interested if others had issues or not.
Michael Hazelton
0404 051 926
TwinTurbo wrote:posting on here about it will achieve exactly nothing.

pete-rx7
old timer

Post by pete-rx7 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:23 pm

mikrace wrote:
switch wrote:So we are about 2 weeks out now. Has anyone actually tested down there yet. I am hearing multiple reports on the sound limit issues down there.
Did anyone have trouble with the noise meter at any of the WP meetings this year?

I haven't had an issue previous to the new meter and location, but i blew the thing apart on Friday. I put a deflector on and still went over by 5 dB. The WP staff suggested the low cloud cover attributed to the high readings but i still got told to park the car... I not having a go at WP, just interested if others had issues or not.
Yep, our number 3 car got done even with a brand new muffler on it. Put a 90 deg on it and aimed away and was fine.
Pete Ingram
NSW #32 Rx7

mikrace
forum freak

Post by mikrace » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:46 pm

pete-rx7 wrote:
mikrace wrote:

Yep, our number 3 car got done even with a brand new muffler on it. Put a 90 deg on it and aimed away and was fine.
Ok, thanks Pete. I am making an adjustable directional exit to hopefully not have a problem again.
Michael Hazelton
0404 051 926
TwinTurbo wrote:posting on here about it will achieve exactly nothing.