SMSP Closed

A place to post & discuss upcoming events. IPRA or other events welcomed.
Public Read

Moderator: Moderators

TwinTurbo
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

SMSP Closed

Post by TwinTurbo » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:17 pm

Eastern Creek is closed until further notice, as advised by the NSW Minister of Sport.
Cheers
Gary Cook
IPRANSW Sporting Committee Chair
ipransw.org.au

Sprintparts
old timer
Re: SMSP Closed

Post by Sprintparts » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:25 pm

Below is an update received from SMSP on what is currently going on and when we might return to racing.

Subject:
MRC SMSP UPDATE

Hi All,

I just thought I would touch base with you all and give you the heads up of where we are up to at SMSP.

We are working on a 60 day cycle to ensure that we keep up to the minute with any possible changes in the current environment.

The track is effectively closed for business at this stage.

Office staff are all working from home, but ground staff are hard at work keeping it up the high standard we all expect from SMSP.

MRC R4

We are ready to go with this one.

We have decided to make it a very ‘quick’ entry into this event if we can have it.

R3 will be down at WP and we are all trying to make sure that they can get as many entries as possible as well.

(of course if that is able to go ahead?)

There may only be about 6 weeks from opening to event, but of course we will keep you all informed.

MRC R5

Same thing, we are ready to go with this one also.

LIGHTS

Well the great news, the track is quiet so the guys doing the circuit lights are having a field day!

All the ground work has been completed, and, on Monday last, they actually started to stand the light poles.

I guess its proof, every cloud has a silver lining???

BALANCE OF 2020

No one has a crystal ball, so it is difficult for any of us to know what the future will hold for us.

Darren, Dean and myself have had a quick chat, and will continue to do that until we have any news.

We all agree that the only thing that we can be sure of, is that nothing really will be the same.

We have tossed around some ideas, but until we have some kind of idea what we are dealing with, there is nothing we can decide upon.

Overall, we just want all our competitors and stakeholders to be assured that we are all, ready, willing, and when given the chance, able, to kick everything into gear and get us all up and running again.

Hope you and yours are staying safe, healthy and isolated to make sure we all get back asap.

See you on the other side,

Cheers

Doreen

Maybe other states can update us all on what is happening in their area.

Mark

sheety
pit crew

Post by sheety » Sun May 17, 2020 7:31 pm

MRC R4 It looks good to me .What do you think ?
Last edited by sheety on Thu May 21, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sprintparts
old timer

Post by Sprintparts » Wed May 20, 2020 4:21 pm

Would ALL NSW members please reply ASAP to the survey (via email) that has just been sent to them relating to round 4 at SMSP on the 13th June to be run by MRA.

The sooner we have your feed back the sooner we will know when we are going racing again.

Thanks
Mark

sengel
rookie

Post by sengel » Thu May 21, 2020 11:49 am

I have, lets go. crew or no crew, I'm itching to get out and have a blurt.

Sprintparts
old timer

Post by Sprintparts » Thu May 21, 2020 5:10 pm

That is what we wan to hear.

Keeping watching your emails, there will be more info and updates as we get them. As you might understand things are tough and rules are changing continually, but............lets say it is looking promising at present.

Mark

Sprintparts
old timer

Post by Sprintparts » Fri May 22, 2020 8:06 pm

LETS GO RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!

IPRA NSW will competing at SMSP on the 13th June (1 day meeting) MRA Race meeting.

The day will start early as we will be having a 15 minute qualifying, and 3 x 15 minute races across the day. We should be finished on track around 3.00 PM.

ALL NSW members will be receiving email with more information as it comes to hand, but this is great news.

As this will be the first race meeting In Australia for many months we have able to organise for the days racing to be LIVE STEAMED by Blendline TV.

We hope that all IP racers form around Australia will sit done and watch some real racing.

Mark