IPRA supporting V8 Supercars EC

A place to post & discuss upcoming events. IPRA or other events welcomed.
Public Read

Moderator: Moderators

joe 65
one foot in the grave

Re: IPRA supporting V8 Supercars EC

Post by joe 65 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:18 pm

And sunday , Dave :D :D :D

lofty
old timer

Post by lofty » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:16 pm

5.3 Sunday 26th August
Session ID Start Finish Category Duration Session
0830 0850 Safety Car Rides 20 minutes
10 minutes
R7 0900 0920 Production Sports Car 12 Laps Race 2
10 minutes
R8 0930 0950 Improved Production Car 10 Laps Race 2
10 minutes
R9 1000 1020 Aussie Racing Car 10 Laps Race 3
15 minutes
P10 1035 1105 V8 Supercars 30 minutes Practice 3 – All Drivers
(TX)
15 minutes
1120 1140 Safety Car Rides 20 minutes
10 minutes
R10 1150 1210 Formula Vee 10 Laps Race 2
15 minutes
Q6 1225 1245 V8 Supercars 20 minutes Qualifying (TX)
15 minutes
R11 1300 1320 Production Sports Car 12 Laps Race 3
15 minutes
R12 1335 1355 Improved Production Car 10 Laps Race 3
15 minutes
R13 1410 1430 Aussie Racing Car 10 Laps Race 4
10 minutes
R14 1440 1500 Formula Vee 10 Laps Race 3
15 minutes
1510 V8 Supercars Fuel Check
1515 V8 Supercars 20 Minute Signal
1520 V8 Supercars Pit Exit Open
1525 V8 Supercars Pit Exit Closed
R15 1535 1715 V8 Supercars 56 laps or
1 lap after
Race 19 - 220km
(LIVE)
V8 Supercars Podium
V8 Supercars Media Conference
LIFE on no boost again

Notso Swift
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

Post by Notso Swift » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Saturday
Q3 1045 1105 Improved Production Car 20 minutes Qualifying
15 minutes
R3 1335 1355 Improved Production Car 10 Laps Race 1

Sunday
R8 0930 0950 Improved Production Car 10 Laps Race 2
10 minutes
R12 1335 1355 Improved Production Car 10 Laps Race 3
15 minutes
Contrary to popular opinion, I do have mechanical sympathy, I always feel sorry for the cars I drive.

rx4crew
racer

Post by rx4crew » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:40 pm

So is there any track time Friday? I knew the V8's were slightly changing their sessions.

RoyBoy302
forum freak

Post by RoyBoy302 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:50 pm

rx4crew wrote:So is there any track time Friday? I knew the V8's were slightly changing their sessions.

2 x 20min sessions on Friday
Cheers

Royboy

Anderson's Axiom
You can only be young once ,
but you can be immature forever

Gridfilla
one foot in the grave

Post by Gridfilla » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Hey Boys....

Can anyone send me a copy of the "Further Regulations" with the ticketing/accreditation etc? I have every other email but can't seem to find this one.
In particular, I wanted to check that we pick up our tickets etc from accreditation (just outside Gate 7) like normal?

New engine is in and tuned, so now just have to tick off the 'sleeps' until kick off .......

Cheers :mrgreen:
Newbies at the back move the old tail enders to mid pack !!

RX4some
forum freak

Post by RX4some » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Gridfilla wrote:Hey Boys....

Can anyone send me a copy of the "Further Regulations" with the ticketing/accreditation etc? I have every other email but can't seem to find this one.
In particular, I wanted to check that we pick up our tickets etc from accreditation (just outside Gate 7) like normal?

New engine is in and tuned, so now just have to tick off the 'sleeps' until kick off .......

Does anyone know the answer to this ??? Havnet recieved any tickets in the mail as yet.
Opinions are like a Momus, everyones got one !!!!

rdmdog
forum freak

Post by rdmdog » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:28 pm

This may be of some assistance once the EC Regs are uploaded

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/technical ... fault.aspx

Teamchookbum
old timer

Post by Teamchookbum » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:59 pm

RX4some wrote:
Gridfilla wrote:Hey Boys....

Does anyone know the answer to this ??? Havnet recieved any tickets in the mail as yet.
I haven't seen anything yet as well :(

mtpanorama
I spend too much time in front of a keyboard

Post by mtpanorama » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:39 pm

1) Arrival and Un-loading
I have already informed you of the time on Thursday that the IPRA are to un-load cars & equipment which is 12pm to 1.30pm. If you are unable to be at the track at this time you will have additional time from 4.30 pm to 6pm Thursday evening.
This will suit some teams that are travelling from interstate. NO UN-LOADING can be done on Friday.
I will be at the track on Thursday to co-ordinate things so hopefully things will run smoothly.

Some competitors have asked to be grouped with others (let me know if you also need to be parked next to someone if you are sharing resources) so some marquee bays will be marked and allocated. So please set-up in a free bay that is not allocated.
I have arranged to have some extra bays which will also be marked and they can be used by anyone that is near to one.

There is a slight change to the area that transporters & trailers well be parked, it will now be inside the circuit at P 5. Competitors personal cars, team vehicles etc will be parked in P 6A Please see attached maps for details on these locations.
This will mean that you won't need to get a "pass out" to go and get parts, spares etc from your trailers or transporters. I will have a ute that will have a vehicle pass that can be used by anyone that needs transport parts etc from the P 5 area to the support paddock.

Can you please inform me ASAP if you have transporters, either a rigid truck or a semi / goose-neck trailers type, so I can get an idea of the area required for parking.

2) Drivers Briefing is at 11.10 on Friday morning

3) Tickets/Passes
They will be able to be picked up at the accreditation centre as per the Further Regs.

4) Fuel
You should have got the fuel order form that I sent out last week and you should have contact Race Fuels by now and placed your order????????????? The regs are very clear on what you can and can't do when storing fuel etc, make sure you stick to the rules.

5) Signage
On Thursday I will have the "Yokohama" Windscreen banners for everyone to fit and they must be fitted to the front windscreen of every car prior to pre-grid for Saturdays Qualifying session, if it is not on the screen the car will not go out in the qualifying session, no arguments please.
White background = Over 2L - Black background = Under 2L

6) General
We have Garry O'Brain doing the track side commentary so if you have any team info that you would like him to know make sure you give it to me so I can pas it on.
The trophy presentation is scheduled to take place on the SMP podium which is next to the control tower and will happen straight after race 3. This is subject to having time in the schedule so it will be confirmed on Sunday.

I need to make it very clear that everyone needs to understand that during the Practise and Qualifying sessions there will be a NO CONTACT policy enforced. If you hit/crash/tap/push/nudge another car your entry will be pulled and you will be packing up and going home. I do not want to see any red flags in these two sessions, they are PRACTICE and QUALIFYING no need to get close and you have over 3.5 km's to use, THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!.
If you break down, GET OFF THE TRACK and park in a safe place if possible, don't stuff it up for everyone else.
Make sure you and your car are ready in plenty of time, wheel nuts are tight, oil caps are on, bonnet pins are in etc etc etc, helmet is on and the brain is IN GEAR.
Lets show everyone else how good Improved Production is and how to do it properly!!!! Thank you.
Shane Fowler Rx7 53
-------------------------------------------------
For all your signage needs, Shane's Signs 0422 418 725

Teamchookbum
old timer

Post by Teamchookbum » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:32 pm

mtpanorama wrote:1) Arrival and Un-loading
I have already informed you of the time on Thursday that the IPRA are to un-load cars & equipment which is 12pm to 1.30pm. If you are unable to be at the track at this time you will have additional time from 4.30 pm to 6pm Thursday evening.
This will suit some teams that are travelling from interstate. NO UN-LOADING can be done on Friday.
I will be at the track on Thursday to co-ordinate things so hopefully things will run smoothly.

Some competitors have asked to be grouped with others (let me know if you also need to be parked next to someone if you are sharing resources) so some marquee bays will be marked and allocated. So please set-up in a free bay that is not allocated.
I have arranged to have some extra bays which will also be marked and they can be used by anyone that is near to one.

There is a slight change to the area that transporters & trailers well be parked, it will now be inside the circuit at P 5. Competitors personal cars, team vehicles etc will be parked in P 6A Please see attached maps for details on these locations.
This will mean that you won't need to get a "pass out" to go and get parts, spares etc from your trailers or transporters. I will have a ute that will have a vehicle pass that can be used by anyone that needs transport parts etc from the P 5 area to the support paddock.

Can you please inform me ASAP if you have transporters, either a rigid truck or a semi / goose-neck trailers type, so I can get an idea of the area required for parking.

3) Tickets/Passes
They will be able to be picked up at the accreditation centre as per the Further Regs.

4) Fuel
You should have got the fuel order form that I sent out last week and you should have contact Race Fuels by now and placed your order????????????? The regs are very clear on what you can and can't do when storing fuel etc, make sure you stick to the rules.

5) Signage
On Thursday I will have the "Yokohama" Windscreen banners for everyone to fit and they must be fitted to the front windscreen of every car prior to pre-grid for Saturdays Qualifying session, if it is not on the screen the car will not go out in the qualifying session, no arguments please.

6) General
We have Garry O'Brain doing the track side commentary so if you have any team info that you would like him to know make sure you give it to me so I can pas it on.
The trophy presentation is scheduled to take place on the SMP podium which is next to the control tower and will happen straight after race 3. This is subject to having time in the schedule so it will be confirmed on Sunday.

I need to make it very clear that everyone needs to understand that during the Practise and Qualifying sessions there will be a NO CONTACT policy enforced. If you hit/crash/tap/push/nudge another car your entry will be pulled and you will be packing up and going home. I do not want to see any red flags in these two sessions, they are PRACTICE and QUALIFYING no need to get close and you have over 3.5 km's to use, THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!.
If you break down, GET OFF THE TRACK and park in a safe place if possible, don't stuff it up for everyone else.
Make sure you and your car are ready in plenty of time, wheel nuts are tight, oil caps are on, bonnet pins are in etc etc etc, helmet is on and the brain is IN GEAR.
Lets show everyone else how good Improved Production is and how to do it properly!!!! Thank you.

I haven't seen any of these emails :shock:

Nathan Wong
pit crew

Post by Nathan Wong » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi Guys,

I'll be out shooting this weekend (best way to avoid running into mtpanorama :D ), so if you're keen on getting some images, drop me a line at prints@speedshots.com.au
Nathan Wong

www.speedshots.photography | speedshotsphotography@gmail.com

Official Photographer 2019 | Shannons Australian Motor Racing Nationals| Porsche Michelin GT3 Cup Challenge | Superloop 500 | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst

RoyBoy302
forum freak

Post by RoyBoy302 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Nathan Wong wrote:Hi Guys,

I'll be out shooting this weekend (best way to avoid running into mtpanorama :D ), so if you're keen on getting some images, drop me a line at prints@speedshots.com.au
With you on the outside of the fence ..... still doesnt necessarilly stop Mt P from bumping into YOU !!!! Has made a habit of 'bumping' walls of recent past !!! ( Hi Shane ) :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers

Royboy

Anderson's Axiom
You can only be young once ,
but you can be immature forever

rx4crew
racer

Post by rx4crew » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:33 pm

mtpanorama wrote:1) Arrival and Un-loading

3) Tickets/Passes

4) Fuel

5) Signage

6) General

Sounds like you have it well in hand Shane.

Well done.

mtpanorama

Post by mtpanorama » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:07 pm

I was wondering if there was going to be any good photographers out there, so I am still wondering :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Shane Fowler Rx7 53

mtpanorama

Post by mtpanorama » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:08 pm

RoyBoy302 wrote:

With you on the outside of the fence ..... still doesnt necessarilly stop Mt P from bumping into YOU !!!! Has made a habit of 'bumping' walls of recent past !!! ( Hi Shane ) :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now where are those photos of your car that you didn't want anyone to see yet.............
Shane Fowler Rx7 53

NewGuy
forum freak

Post by NewGuy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Looked as though there were a few out at Wakefield today doing some fine tuning. =D>
Never hold your farts in, they travel up your spine, and into your brain, and thats where shitty ideas come from.

Gridfilla
one foot in the grave

Post by Gridfilla » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Ahhh, can't hide anywhere nowadays :roll:
Not long now ............
Newbies at the back move the old tail enders to mid pack !!

rx4crew
racer

Post by rx4crew » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:15 pm

Bit quiet on here, might be some last minute prep. going on.

mtpanorama

Post by mtpanorama » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:19 pm

rx4crew wrote:Bit quiet on here, might be some last minute prep. going on.
Finished prep, now getting everyones signs ready to bring with me.
Shane Fowler Rx7 53