Wanted: Hosting Site and Moderators for IPRA Forum

Post notices here which are relevant to IPRA nationally.
Member Read/Write

Moderator: Moderators

megagem75
old timer

Re: Wanted: Hosting Site and Moderators for IPRA Forum

Post by megagem75 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:19 pm

It would be such a great shame to lose this forum !
If I can help please let me know.
If it don't go ...Hit it harder

Carts
racer

Post by Carts » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:30 pm

I was kind of hoping the forum would close so I could stop reading it every hour instead of doing my work :razz: :razz: . Seriously though, to all those involved, I think it is a well run, great resource and great starting place for those like myself, considering the class.

Most of the time, the banter is entertaining and makes me feel like I'm missing out on the fun!

One day (soon I hope), i'll convert my ex-targa RX7 (yes another one) to IP when time and money permit.

Until then, thanks to Davel and others for the fine job you're doing (and reducing my work efficiency!).

Cheers Carts

tprx7
one foot in the grave

Post by tprx7 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:18 pm

If this forum is to be put into anothers hands, consider this my vote for Boppa and co. :)

Steve thomas
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

Post by Steve thomas » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:47 pm

I just hope any change will see this forum in the hands of someone that is as open as Dave not someone that will only let threads run if the Host has things running their way. Id hate to see this place endup like Antilag etc.

FatBoy
I spend too much time in front of a keyboard

Post by FatBoy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:58 pm

Carts wrote:Most of the time, the banter is entertaining and makes me feel like I'm missing out on the fun!
Carts - That's part of what makes the I.P community such a tight knit group mate, most guys get to know everyone and the "rivalries" are usually light hearted stirring which most of us can appreciate. Sometimes you get the odd example where it goes a bit far and people who don't know those involved have nothing better to do than whinge and get a bit teary eyed, but such is life. It's probably in the interests of the class that that kind of stuff happens in the private section, away from the public eye...

I only put my hand up because i wouldn't be keen to see the forum close entirely. I'd also hate to see it go to a State Committee run entity as it then becomes a "liability" and draconian moderation becomes the norm - something which will turn people away in droves...

Dave (and Tim before him) did a great job - i'd rather see it remain in private hands... =D>

Cheers,
Boppa

P.S - Trent, be careful mate. We'll have you banned for having too much enthusiasm if you keep that up... :D
Nismo Riceboy

choppo
forum freak

Post by choppo » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Yep, yep and yep.
1. I think it is ESSENTIAL for the future of IPRA you have to keep up the 'competitive' banter on marques (and drivers =D> ) ... i.e. those cheat'n RX's 8) and piston engined RX3's and them bloody loud V8's that need to tow around mufflers in a trailer to keep their gas guzz'en quite.. shall i start on that Ford crap?.......... to keep the whole thing alive :lol:
2. Keeping the Forum owned Privately is very important
3. Over Moderation is bad ... see 2. above.... its just politics and $ getting in the way - there are heaps of other forums that have that formula. Actually all of them. I know the politics, but..... unless it gets real bad and grubby, i think you will find that people enjoy the banter that goes on here (see Carts post), plus the bonus of the excellent knowledge and technical base.

Sell it to me :wink:
Steve Cook
IPRA NSW # ?

Opinions are like arseholes, everone has one...

Pitcrew r us

Post by Pitcrew r us » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:51 am

Choppo
Mate are you sober :roll: this is the first sensible thing you've said in a long time. LOL =D>
Cheers

maxde

Post by maxde » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:18 pm

any news on the future of the forum?

e30guydownunder
rookie

Post by e30guydownunder » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:02 pm

being a relative noob....this has proved an invaluable source of info, from calirfying things with Gary (who i wouldn't have known about if it wasn't for this forum) to watching on as everyone slogs it out with choppo :lol:

Hope the negotiations go well and the forum continues on.
- Chris

IPRA noob
another bloody bimmer driver
Build thread - http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread.php?t=30668

MM44
one foot in the grave

Post by MM44 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Dave & Tim thanks for what you have done, it has been great so far, i wish all the best to whoever takes it over. I hope that some people start to see that this is run by our own competitors to help others, maybe then it might make it easier for the guys running things like this.
Justin

NSW U2L #44
Sports 1300 #22
IM BACK!!!!........ nope Im broke again

Steve thomas
You've got to be kidding, how many posts?

Post by Steve thomas » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:22 pm

People seem to have pulled their heads in so I hope we have no changes.